Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Happy December

Hey friends. 
You know me, 
so you know one of the things I'd love
about being in a new house, would be to see how 
it looked all dressed up for Christmas. 
It's fun to see how all our old decorations look in a new space.
I added two things this year.
The first is this huge canvas I had Doug design for me:
love. love. love. love. love.
how it turned out
We made it personal by adding our established date:
 'this house believing since 1993.'
Twenty-five years.
Hard to believe.
Wait, I just said ‘we believe’.
Moving on...
The wreaths that we had outside on every window at our last house,
came inside.
The Christmas item I get asked most about.
NOEL
Bought it for $10 at Costco yeeears ago.
It was sparkly and gold, I painted it white.

It's tucked in a corner this year.
Our new porch is considerably smaller than our last,
so some of our porch decorations made it indoors.
This garland has been in 3 different houses now.
Loved it in each.
I don't think I'll ever stop loving this table.

Front room tree holds the second new thing for this year.
The kids and I spent an afternoon making ornaments out of clay.
We thought of all the words 
that remind us of Christ and stamped them into the clay.
It will be a nice memory when we pull them out year after year.
In Georgia, we don't get the ski lodge-y feel that often.
But we've been using those rain-boots more than we did our 20 years in Seattle!
Hope you enjoyed this little tour of our new place at Christmastime,
Peace and love.
Merry Christmas!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home