Monday, November 19, 2018

Thankful


Just a quick simple post today to express my gratitude.
I love this little sign.
I made it in about 10 minutes at a church activity.
But it is one of my favorite fall/Thanksgiving decorations.
I love its simplicity. 
This banner was $3. 
I love what it does to this room.
Funny how life is full of little simple things that bring joy to 
the day to day. We just have to see them.
 Life is not perfect. We are all fighting battles.
Some obvious. Others not.
Our Thanksgivings look a lot different than they did a few years ago.
  Quite a few less people.
There is no 'over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house we go...'
Our son will be sitting at a stranger's table across the country, 
if he is sitting at a Thanksgiving table at all.
Yet, I am grateful that I don't sit at a Thanksgiving table alone.
That I have a table to put food on.
That I have food to put on the table.
I am grateful for my son's willingness to sacrifice and for God to sanctify that sacrifice, even when it is lonely, and not easy. 
***
Happy Be Thankful everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home