Friday, February 3, 2012

Rugs?

Was roaming IKEA the other day and found these $4 rugs. 
I thought surely I could use them for something more fun than laying around on the floor. 
I had also purchased a pillow form for just $3 because I am always looking for cheap pillow forms and realized they fit perfectly in the 'rug'. I thought they would make cute pillows (I am a sucker for pillows). Before creating the pillow though, I felt they needed just a bit more. So I cut some fun stuff out of vinyl and stuck it to black felt to use as a pattern and cut around it. 
 Then I hand-stitched them onto the rug.
 I did a another quick handstitch around the rug and had myself a pretty amazing pillow (I thought).
 So for about $7 each, and minimal time (it only took about 15 minutes to stitch on the image and around the pillow) I had largish pillows for my couch!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Loooove it!

February 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Alldredge said...

Seriously so cute!!!!

February 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home