Thursday, January 26, 2012

Seventeen Years

Seventeen years ago today I gave birth to my first child and my only daughter. At the time, eighteen years seemed like plenty of time to teach her all she would need to know to survive in the great big world. It even seemed like it might be enough time for me to get use to the idea of letting her go and be in that great big world. Now with one, just one, of those eighteen years left I want to shout from the rooftops that eighteen years is not enough. 
In honor of her birthday, today I post about her room. I enjoyed peeking around her room and seeing the nuances of what makes up her. Her essence fills the room with all that she loves, all that she enjoys, all that she is.
 I have always felt she is an 'old soul.' As her love of vintage emerged, I was not surprised.
She loves cities, especially New York.
She has written in notebooks since she was a little girl. I find them all over the house, she has lots of huge ideas.
Music is a huge part of her life and she loves playing guitar...
...and the Beatles.
This is my favorite picture. She has written three novels and self published them. If you look close you can see all of her editing markings. She will work at it until she 'gets it right.' 
She launched her new blog Words of Mine this month.
 Happy Birthday Madi, I love you!



2 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

Yay for Madi! I kinda wanted to cry a little bit in this post. I love her so much!

January 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger MegJill said...

She is beautiful! Loved seeing her room. Love the pink locker, and all the vintage, etc. I have three daughters, the oldest being six, plus a 9 year old son. I can feel time slipping away WAY too fast!

January 26, 2012 at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home