Monday, June 13, 2011

'Container Decorating'

You have probably heard of 'container gardening.' My favorite decorating look 'du jour' is something I have dubbed 'container decorating.'  It is basically gathering decorating elements into a 'container' on your decorating space, whether it be a table, counter, shelf or mantle. It gives it a finished look and helps when decorating elements seem to be 'floating' around on the space. The 'container' can be of any type.
An actual serving tray (like this one that I have used in a couple different places):
Or a box, I like old boxes (or at least look like they are old):
Remember my berry box from Easter? Makes a great 'container' too:
And this one is from a decorating store, made just for this purpose:
 Hey, send me your 'container decorating' pics if you have any, I would love to see them!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

Super cute stuff. I haven't decorated with any containers, but I totally need to. I'm looking for something new for my coffee table... now I'm on the hunt for a cute container!

June 15, 2011 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

What a great idea! I have often felt like my little nick-nacks were floating. Thanks for the idea!

June 16, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home