Saturday, October 29, 2011

Grocery Sign

Came across this sign on Pinterest (if you do not know what Pinterest is, save yourself hours and hours of time you cannot account for and keep reading as if you never read the word).
Loved the look of this sign but in my kitchen with no white except for a little trim work I didn't feel it would work so I had to think differently. I found this old board in a pile at my dad's workshop:
Wheels started turning and I thought I would definitely want to use black lettering to pop with my black and stainless steel appliances. I made a stencil with vinyl and spray painted with black.
I sanded down the paint to give it a really weathered look and loved how the lines of the grain in the board came through.
Set against some of my vintage canisters...
I like it on top of my kitchen cabinets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home